Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-commits] rev 51855: /trunk/ /trunk/: capture-pcap

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 8 Sep 2013 19:40:16 -0700
On Sep 8, 2013, at 6:23 PM, wmeier@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> http://anonsvn.wireshark.org/viewvc/viewvc.cgi?view=rev&revision=51855
>
> User: wmeier
> Date: 2013/09/08 06:23 PM
>
> Log:
> Revert #51843: Build fails on  OSX-10.5-x8

Note that pcap.h is not always in /usr/include/pcap; I created that directory in libpcap 1.0, to hold some additional header files, and put pcap.h there, with a /usr/include/pcap.h including <pcap/pcap.h> for backwards source compatibility (unlike Red Hat's brilliant move a long time ago, *without* the backwards source compatibility, which is why we try to see if pcap.h is there).  Code that might be built against pre-1.0 versions of libpcap should just include <pcap.h>.