Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] SET_ADDRESS, if-else

From: Evan Huus <eapache@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 7 Sep 2013 12:54:46 -0400
On Sat, Sep 7, 2013 at 12:46 PM, Gerald Combs <gerald@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 9/7/13 5:53 AM, Evan Huus wrote:
> The usual trick in this situation is to wrap the macro in a "do { MY
> CODE } while (0)" so that it behaves syntactically like a normal
> function call. I have done this in r51819, so it should work now.

Is there any reason we shouldn't convert the macros in address.h (and
proto.h and packet.h and ...) to inline functions?

No objections from me. I tried tracing some of them back through git and got lost around 2004, so I don't actually know if there was a reason to make them macros at the time (whenever that was).