Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Memory consumption in tshark

From: Dario Lombardo <dario.lombardo.ml@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2013 11:32:51 +0200
On Wed, Aug 28, 2013 at 3:45 PM, Evan Huus <eapache@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Also, just as a useful reference point: if you run your normal tshark command (no valgrind) on the 1GB subset, what does memory usage of the process peak at?

It uses about 1,5GB of memory.

With the env vars you asked me to export, tshark can't run on the 1GB pcap file. I've reduced the dataset to 2 millions of pkts, and that's the output.