Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Enabling linux kernel jit compiler from dumpcap?

From: Anders Broman <a.broman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2013 19:23:17 +0200
Guy Harris skrev 2013-08-22 18:16:
On Aug 22, 2013, at 4:46 AM, Anders Broman <anders.broman@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Should we add code to enable the JIT compiler from dumpcap?
Should I add code to enable the JIT compiler to libpcap while I'm at it?

Should the Linux kernel folks enable it by default?

I'm inclined to answer "yes" to all three questions.  I think the FreeBSD JIT compiler is enabled by default.  I'm surprised that the Linux one isn't.
I checked in the dumpcap code. I agree that it might be useful in libpcap too, root privileges are required to
change it I think. and Yes
>I'm surprised that the Linux one isn't
Regards
Anders