Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] make distcheck does not work if configured for GTK2

From: Anders Broman <a.broman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2013 21:37:43 +0200
Guy Harris skrev 2013-08-21 20:43:
On Aug 21, 2013, at 11:16 AM, Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

so we probably should have the configure-script code that chooses which GUI toolkits to use (if any) set AM_DISTCHECK_CONFIGURE_FLAGS.  I'll look at doing that.
Done.

This also means that if --with-qt was specified, "make distcheck" will use it - and, if it was used with --with-gtk2 or --with-gtk3, "make distcheck" will use both.

*If* it's possible to do so, should we, if no --with-{gtk2,gtk3,qt} option was specified, default to building with the latest version of GTK+ that we have (GTK+ 3 if we have it, GTK+ 2 if we don't), and fail if neither is present (if neither is present, you'd have to use --disable-wireshark, just as you do now)?
Yes I think that would be better than the current behaviour where the build fails if GTK2 is present but not GTK3
and no GUI option is given.
Regards
Anders