Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Clang build with ASAN

From: Bálint Réczey <balint@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2013 12:29:18 +0200
Hi,

2013/8/12 Alexis La Goutte <alexis.lagoutte@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Hi,
>
> it is now possible to build wireshark with clang (CC=clang ./configure &&
> make) (i fix last issue last week end).
Great news!

> I will try the ASAN feature (
> http://clang.llvm.org/docs/AddressSanitizer.html )
ASAN is also ported to GCC 4.8.
I'm not sure which compiler is more reliable regarding ASAN checks, though.

> Also may be now add a clang build to buildbot? (no only scan-build)
I also wanted to raise the question of adding '-fsanitize=address'  to
the C flags.
I think fuzzing with ASAN would worth the extra CPU time on buildbots
and I'm even considering
turning ASAN on in the Debian packages by default.

Cheers,
Balint