Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Remove hf_ variables

From: Jakub Zawadzki <darkjames-ws@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2013 20:10:21 +0200
On Tue, Jul 30, 2013 at 07:40:21AM +0200, Joerg Mayer wrote:
> Can you give a sample diff how a dissector would need to be changed?
> Also: What would be the migration plan: All at once or incremental?

I wrote some ugly gawk program for hf_ variables.

Here is one + some patch for epan:
http://www.wireshark.org/~darkjames/proto-new/0001-changes.txt

Here is convertion of some dissectors (not quite automagic):
http://www.wireshark.org/~darkjames/proto-new/0002-rewrite.txt

We probably don't want this redefine macros inside proto-new.h but it's *much faster*
to test.

Cheers