Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Remove hf_ variables

From: Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss.ws@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 07 Aug 2013 09:57:36 -0400
On 07/29/13 16:12, Jakub Zawadzki wrote:
Hi,

Is anyone attached to hf_ variables? ;)

There's no real need of them, and we can just replace them with
header_field_info structure.

Just for completeness one should mention that replacing the hf_ variables with pointers means that each proto_tree_add_xxx() call will be pushing 8 bytes (in what is hopefully by now the common case ;-)) instead of 4 bytes onto the stack. I suppose that wouldn't really make a difference but I thought I'd mention it...