Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Gently migrating to Git + Gerrit

From: Gerald Combs <gerald@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 05 Aug 2013 17:57:22 -0700
I finally have some time set aside to do more work on the Git migration.
I'm hoping to do the following in the near future:

Switch code.wireshark.org from gitweb to cgit.

This isn't strictly necessary but IMHO cgit has a slightly nicer
interface and its URL format appears to be much more sane.

Install Gerrit.

I need to do a bit of infrastructure work beforehand, but hopefully it
won't be too difficult.

Create our first read/write Git+Gerrit repository.

I think a combined version of wireshark-win{32,64}-libs would be a good
candidate since they could use a bit of reorganization and it would be a
good excuse for me to check in the scripts that I use to build our
home-grown packages.

Once that's done we should have a good idea about how the workflow
described at

  http://wiki.wireshark.org/Development/Workflow

will work in our environment and what we need to do to get there.