Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] wireshark crash with segmentation fault

From: Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss.ws@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 05 Aug 2013 10:00:16 -0400

/usr/lib64/libwireshark.so.2: undefined symbol: py_create_dissector_handle

Are you trying to run Wireshark from a build directory or after installing? Are you installing to /usr/ or someplace else like /usr/local ?

The basic problem, I think, is that your Wireshark is compiled expecting the Python-scripting support to be enabled but your libwireshark (or at least the one in /usr/lib64) doesn't have it. (FWIW the Python-scripting stuff is pretty broken so not enabling it is a wise thing.)