Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] wireshark crash with segmentation fault

From: Hardik Patel <hardik.party@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 4 Aug 2013 21:40:45 +0200
Hi Jeff,

I did not now how to take backtrace ?? can you please help me what do you need and how to take it??

Regards,
Hardik Patel

On Fri, Aug 2, 2013 at 4:39 PM, Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss.ws@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 08/02/13 08:54, Hardik Patel wrote:
Hi,

I come accross a problem in which some time wireshark crash and i can
see "segmentation fault" on console.

i have created dissector in which i guess problem with tree struct and
ett variables, i think i have not properly define.

I read that *The expansion of this node is controlled by the |ett_foo|
variable.*

for example i click on packet frame which have long tree and than i move
directly to packet frame which has smaller tree. so i guess wireshark
remember that last time i have open 5th element of tree but this time
packet frame do not have 5 element so it crash.

What's the backtrace when it crashes?  It seems quite unlikely that this element expansion issue is the real cause.