Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-commits] rev 51037: /trunk/epan/dissectors/ /trun

From: Martin Kaiser <lists@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2013 23:50:22 +0200
Thus wrote Joerg Mayer (jmayer@xxxxxxxxx):

> On Tue, Jul 30, 2013 at 08:05:49PM +0000, martink@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> >  provide a mechnism to exclude some CI+ SAC messages from being
> >  exported in the clear by the export PDU mechanism

> >  use this mechanism to exclude SAC messages that contain CCK precursor data
> >  (Exporting this is not a security issue, but people should be aware of what
> >   they're doing. It's safer to exlude those messages and prevent people from
> >   exporting them accidentially.)

> How about making the remaining stuff a preferences option with default off?

The remaining items are ok. Exporting them will do no harm, the
resulting capture file can be shared with anyone without leaking
any information.
If I change my mind about that, I'll consider using preference for
disabling other items.

Generally, I'd be surprised if many people used the DVB-CI export
feature ;-)

Regards,

   Martin