Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-commits] buildbot failure in Wireshark (developme

From: Joerg Mayer <jmayer@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2013 11:44:48 +0200
Hello Gerald,

On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 09:24:21PM -0700, buildbot-no-reply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> The Buildbot has detected a new failure on builder Clang-Code-Analysis while building Wireshark (development).
> Full details are available at:
>  http://buildbot.wireshark.org/trunk/builders/Clang-Code-Analysis/builds/1987
>
> Buildbot URL: http://buildbot.wireshark.org/trunk/
>
> Buildslave for this Build: clang-code-analysis

This is a fallout of the change of default gtk2->gtk3. It looks like the buildbot
is lacking the gtk3-devel package. As a (less preferred) alternative the configuration
would be ... configure ... --with-gtk2 ... but that would be in contrast to the
goal of that change.

checking for GTK+ - version >= 3.0.0... no
*** Could not run GTK+ test program, checking why...
*** The test program failed to compile or link. See the file config.log for the
*** exact error that occured. This usually means GTK+ is incorrectly installed.
configure: error: Neither Qt nor GTK+ 3.0.0 or later are available, so Wireshark can't be compiled
program finished with exit code 1

Thanks
   Jörg