Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] rev 50749: /trunk/ /trunk/: CMakeLists.txt

From: Joerg Mayer <jmayer@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2013 23:00:20 +0200
On Tue, Jul 23, 2013 at 11:57:03AM -0700, Guy Harris wrote:
> > Have also for all file the following warning...
> > warning: unknown warning option '-Wpragmas' [-Wunknown-warning-option]
>
> This change:
>
> 	http://anonsvn.wireshark.org/viewvc/trunk/CMakeLists.txt?r1=50760&r2=50759&pathrev=50760
>
> *should* have made CMake use -Werror=unknown-warning-option when testing whether -W options are supported if the compiler supports -Werror=unknown-warning-option, so it *should* leave out all -W options that clang doesn't support.
>
> If that's not happening, that needs to be fixed.

Yes, definitely. I don't see that problem any more on my wife's Snow Leopard,
but it you still have that problem I'd like to find out why. So can you please
- Make sure that you have a completely clean build (and no, "make clean" won't
  get you that because that will only clean up the stuff created by "make", but
  not the stuff generated by running "cmake".
- Run your normal cmake command and log the output to file, here is what I
  do on each and every build: "... cmake ... 2>&1 | tee logs/cmake.log"
- run "make ... VERBOSE=1 ... 2>&1 | tee logs/make.log"
- provide me with the  logs, the command line calls that created them and some
  information on the system, cmake and compiler versions.

Thanks
    Jörg