Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] rev 50749: /trunk/ /trunk/: CMakeLists.txt

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2013 12:09:13 -0700
On Jul 21, 2013, at 10:49 AM, Michael Tuexen <Michael.Tuexen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> It reports:
> C-Compiler: /usr/bin/cc
>
> That explains why it doesn't detect it as clang...

Yes, you definitely must not assume that a compiler that doesn't have "clang" in its path isn't Clang.

What criteria does CMake use to set CMAKE_C_COMPILER_ID?  Hopefully it's capable of setting it to "Clang" if the compiler is Clang, even if the path to the compiler happens to have "cc" or even "gcc" as the last component of the path name.

> Thanks a lot for the cmake support. I really use it since Apple
> doesn't install autotools anymore.

I use autotools - macosx-setup.sh installs them if necessary.  (Apple probably dropped them because they went to GPL 3 and the last GPL 2 version was getting more and more out of date.)