Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Error in IPv6 address decompression from 6LoWPAN packets

From: Alexis La Goutte <alexis.lagoutte@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2013 18:34:33 +0200
Hi João,

Please create a bug in bugtracker ( https://bugs.wireshark.org ) with a pcap sample to reproduce this issue.

Regards,

On Tue, Jul 23, 2013 at 6:02 PM, João Amaral <jpgamaral@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello,

After some careful reading, I think there's a bug in Wireshark's IPv6 address decompression from 6LoWPAN packets. The 6LoWPAN header of the packets is IPHC.

screenshot.png

Where it shows fe80::ff:fe00:2, it should instead show fe80::22:ff:fe00:2, because 0x22 is the PAN ID (by default).

screenshot.png