Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Make gtk3 default (over gtk2)?

From: Joerg Mayer <jmayer@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2013 15:50:44 +0200
On Tue, Jul 23, 2013 at 09:20:51AM -0400, Evan Huus wrote:
> We discussed briefly at Sharkfest, and the hope then was that the Qt
> version would be default for the next stable release (even if that
> took slightly longer than usual to release).
>
> Perhaps the default should become the Qt version instead?

As of now the qt version is unuseable. That may change but right now
gtk2 is the default and most stable, the there is gtk3 which is hopefully
close to gtk2 and qt is a toy right now. While I definitely prefer the
Qt-look, I think getting qtshark on par with the gtk versions is very
optimistic.
So let me rephrase that: Let us make gtk3 the default for now, until it
will be superseeded by qtshark ;-)

Ciao
    Jörg