Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] rev 50749: /trunk/ /trunk/: CMakeLists.txt

From: Joerg Mayer <jmayer@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2013 00:24:36 +0200
On Mon, Jul 22, 2013 at 11:22:38AM +0100, Graham Bloice wrote:
> Now that OSX appears to be mostly sorted,  Windows could do with some
> attention, maybe another thread for that, or pick up on the older one.  I'm
> stuck in the same area as this but much worse though, the compiler flags
> are way out.

I spent a few hours today trying to get a development environgment working
on a win7 machine. I followed
http://www.wireshark.org/docs/wsdg_html_chunked/ChSetupWin32.html
and managed to install Visual-C++. But the next step already fails for me
(installing the Windows SDK for Windows 7). Everything I've tried failed
during the preparation phase. "view log" does not contain anything that
would help me to understand the problem and the pointers to the website
with help don't help the least.

Fresh out of ideas.

 Jörg