Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Reassembly code not working after change to use tvbuffs

From: Jakub Zawadzki <darkjames-ws@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 01:50:11 +0200
Hello,

On Sun, Jul 14, 2013 at 04:05:44PM -0700, Guy Harris wrote:

> So what is frame_invalidate() invalidating?  It looks as if it's loading the packet data on demand.

Well name wasn't so good... I renamed it to frame_cache().

The plan for next few days is to have some caching tvb which will replace tvb_new_chain, tvb_new_proxy +
cache backing TVB on creation, and uncache it on free (read: epan_dissect_cleanup).

+ implement reassemble_tvb (or tvbuff_reassemble?), for now only to replace g_malloc + tvb_new_real_data

Regards.