Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] OSX 32-bit build on 10.5.x (Leopard) no longer supported?

From: Michael Tuexen <Michael.Tuexen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2013 21:16:34 +0200
On Jul 7, 2013, at 7:52 PM, Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Jun 25, 2013, at 12:23 PM, Michael Tuexen <Michael.Tuexen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> All support libs were build after the system was reinstalled.
>
> What versions of GLib, Pango, ATK, Cairo, and GTK+ were on the system when it was running 10.5, and did you update any of them when you updated the system to 10.6?
Hi Guy,

I'm not sure. But these are the command I have used at one time. After upgrading the system to 10.6,
/usr/local has been removed and the new macosxsetup.sh script was used.

Best regards
Michael

Put
setenv PKG_CONFIG_PATH /usr/X11R6/lib/pkgconfig
into ~/.tcshrc

curl -O http://pkgconfig.freedesktop.org/releases/pkg-config-0.23.tar.gz;
tar xvfz pkg-config-0.23.tar.gz;
cd pkg-config-0.23;
./configure;
make -j 2;
sudo make install;
cd ..;

curl -O http://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/gettext/gettext-0.17.tar.gz;
tar xvfz gettext-0.17.tar.gz;
cd gettext-0.17;
./configure;
make -j 2;
sudo make install;
cd ..;

curl -O http://gensho.acc.umu.se/pub/gnome/sources/glib/2.16/glib-2.16.6.tar.gz;
tar xvfz glib-2.16.6.tar.gz;
cd glib-2.16.6;
./configure;
make -j 2;
sudo make install;
cd ..;

#curl -O http://ftp.x.org/pub/individual/lib/pixman-0.10.0.tar.gz;
#tar xvfz pixman-0.10.0.tar.gz;
#cd pixman-0.10.0;
#./configure;
#make -j 2;
#sudo make install;
#cd ..;

curl -O http://cairographics.org/releases/cairo-1.6.4.tar.gz;
tar xvfz cairo-1.6.4.tar.gz;
cd cairo-1.6.4;
./configure;
make -j 2;
sudo make install;
cd ..;

curl -O http://ftp.acc.umu.se/pub/gnome/sources/atk/1.24/atk-1.24.0.tar.gz;
tar xvf atk-1.24.0.tar.gz;
cd atk-1.24.0;
./configure;
make -j 2;
sudo make install;
cd ..;

curl -O http://victoria.acc.umu.se/pub/gnome/sources/pango/1.21/pango-1.21.3.tar.gz;
tar xvfz pango-1.21.6.tar.gz;
cd pango-1.21.6;
./configure;
make -j 2;
sudo make install;
cd ..;

curl -O http://gemmei.acc.umu.se/pub/GNOME/sources/gtk+/2.12/gtk+-2.12.10.tar.gz;
tar xvfz gtk+-2.12.12.tar.gz;
cd gtk+-2.12.12;
./configure --without-libtiff --without-libjpeg
make -j 2;
sudo make install;
cd ..;

svn co http://anonsvn.wireshark.org/wireshark/trunk/ wireshark;
cd trunk;
./autogen.sh;
./configure --with-ssl --disable-warnings-as-errors;
make -j 4;
sudo make install;
cd ..;

Or if you have direct svn access:

svn co svn+ssh://svn.wireshark.org/svn/wireshark/trunk;