Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-commits] buildbot failure in Wireshark (developme

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2013 17:15:40 -0700
On Jul 2, 2013, at 4:48 PM, Stephen Fisher <stephenfisher-wireshark@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I don't have time today to look into this further, but it looks like it is because the code that checks the CFLAGS is trying to use the previous CFLAG checking attempt.

It's because

	expr "X$A" : {b}

will fail unless {b} begins with "X"- you need to do expr "X$A" : X{b}.

I checked in a fix (which also fixes a typo where it was doing

	expr "$XA" : {b}

for CXXFLAGS, and switched to lower-case "x" because that's what's used with the test command elsewhere in the configure script.