Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-commits] rev 50322: /trunk/epan/ /trunk/epan/: ex

Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2013 16:09:16 -0400 (EDT)
Done in rev 50323.
-----Original Message-----
From: Maynard, Chris <Christopher.Maynard@xxxxxxxxx>
To: wireshark-dev <wireshark-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tue, Jul 2, 2013 4:04 pm
Subject: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-commits] rev 50322: /trunk/epan/ /trunk/epan/: expert.c expert.h

Should we separate "Unknown/Disabled"?

Checksum validation may be disabled, or it may be enabled; however, due to
insufficient bytes available to verify that checksum (e.g., small snaplen value
caused the packet to be cut short), it may be unknown if the checksum is good or
bad.

The TCP window scaling factor uses -1 for unknown and -2 when no scaling is
used, so I'd recommend also using -1 for unknown here, and then use -2 if
checksum verification is disabled.