Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] proto_tree_add_expert

Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2013 10:08:21 -0400 (EDT)
In doing some of the conversion to make expert info "items" filterable it seems there's need for a "proto_tree_add_expert" function. It would solve the cases of when "proto_tree_add_text + expert_add_info" or "proto_tree_add_none_format + expert_add_info" are used, but what's really desired is "expert info with byte highlighting"
The expert info API functions all end up calling expert_set_info_vformat, a static function within expert.c.  expert_set_info_vformat makes all of the necessary proto_tree_add_* calls to populate expert info.  Does it make sense to add proto_tree_add_expert to expert.h instead of proto.h so that expert_set_info_vformat doesn't need to be exposed?  I'm trying to figure out the best way to encapsulate such functionality.