Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Proposed Gerrit workflow (was: Re: Notes from Sharkfest '13)

From: Bálint Réczey <balint@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2013 22:44:57 +0200
Hi Marc,

2013/6/28 Marc Petit-Huguenin <marc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> On 06/28/2013 07:21 AM, Jeff Morriss wrote:
>> On 06/22/13 06:47, Bálint Réczey wrote:
>>> Hi All,

>>> :-)
>>>
>>> I have started describing a Gerrit based workflow which IMO would fit to
>>> the project at http://wiki.wireshark.org/Development/Workflow . Please
>>> check it and share your opinion.
>>
>> It would probably be good to include how/where patch submitters would
>> attach other attachments (e.g., sample captures) that go along with their
>> patch (I spent a little time going through the Gerrit docs and didn't find
>> anything like that).  (A large portion of the patches we accept need to
>> have a corresponding test capture file before anyone will accept it.)
>>

> Gerrit does not replace the bug tracker, in fact it complements it, so the
> attachments would still be stored in the bug - unless they are used for
> something useful for the build, like regression testing, in which case they
> would be part of the patchset.
>
> It is possible to configure Gerrit to link automatically to the Bugzilla bugs:
>
> https://gerrit-review.googlesource.com/Documentation/config-gerrit.html#_a_id_trackingid_a_section_trackingid
Thank you for the links.
I have added the following to the proposal:
"If you would like to provide an example capture file along with
patch, please open a bug in BugZilla and refer to it in the commit
message (... bug 1234 ...). By attaching the capture file to a bug
will automatically become part of the regression suite and your new
code will be tested very often. "

Cheers,
Balint