Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Proposed Gerrit workflow (was: Re: Notes from Sharkfest '13)

From: Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss.ws@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2013 10:21:10 -0400
On 06/22/13 06:47, B�lint R�czey wrote:
Hi All,

2013/6/21 Marc Petit-Huguenin <marc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

On 06/20/2013 04:52 PM, Guy Harris wrote:

On Jun 20, 2013, at 2:58 PM, Marc Petit-Huguenin <marc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

On 06/20/2013 02:17 PM, Gerald Combs wrote:

Advantates: - I'm not sure that an in-house equivalent (e.g. Gerrit
plus a private repository) would be better than what Github offers.

Yes, Gerrit is better than github:

Presumably you mean "Gerrit plus a private repository is better than
github", as Gerrit, as far as I can tell, is just software that works with
a Git repository.

Yes, although managing repositories being what Gerrit do, Gerrit without a
least one repository would be a very boring application.
:-)

I have started describing a Gerrit based workflow which IMO would fit
to the project at http://wiki.wireshark.org/Development/Workflow .
Please check it and share your opinion.

It would probably be good to include how/where patch submitters would attach other attachments (e.g., sample captures) that go along with their patch (I spent a little time going through the Gerrit docs and didn't find anything like that). (A large portion of the patches we accept need to have a corresponding test capture file before anyone will accept it.)