Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-commits] rev 50204: /trunk/ /trunk/: configure.ac

From: Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss.ws@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2013 08:20:11 -0400
On 06/28/13 04:36, guy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
http://anonsvn.wireshark.org/viewvc/viewvc.cgi?view=rev&revision=50204

User: guy
Date: 2013/06/28 01:36 AM

Log:
  AC_PROG_CXX doesn't actually check whether what it finds is a real live
  C++ compiler (it might not be one on, for example, OS X, due to "cc"
  being a C compiler, "CC" referring to "cc" due to the case-insensitivity
  of the default OS X file system, and "CC" being one of the names checked
  for in AC_PROG_CXX), so if we really need a C++ compiler, test it with a
  program that a C compiler won't compile.

Presumably this change can/should be pushed upstream to the autoconf folks?