Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-commits] rev 50198: /trunk/ui/qt/ /trunk/ui/qt/:

From: "Maynard, Chris" <Christopher.Maynard@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2013 16:37:53 -0400
Sorry, it appears my comment may have been misinterpreted.  It wasn't at all meant as any sort of critique of any editor.  I merely noticed the extra ":wq" and had a laugh because when I wrote, "I've done that ...", the *that* was that I too had typed ":wq" while either still in vi edit mode or when using another editor.  I've also typed, "Alt-F, S" in vi, which doesn't save your file either.

The article about ed was humorous though!  Reminds me of the old days of DOS when I did actually use edlin.  I don't miss it at all.  Unfortunately, today I sometimes have to use "cat" as an "editor" on some of our embedded products because there's nothing else available.  Man, that's painful.