Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-commits] rev 50197: /trunk/epan/ /trunk/epan/: pr

From: Jakub Zawadzki <darkjames-ws@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2013 21:10:12 +0200
On Thu, Jun 27, 2013 at 03:28:00PM -0400, Evan Huus wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 27, 2013 at 3:17 PM,  <darkjames@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >  XXX: to be honest I don't get it why if dev picked up BASE_DEC_HEX and has value string we're truncating it to BASE_DEC...
>
> Nesting parentheses? If I recall correctly, BASE_DEC_HEX displays as
> dec_val (hex_val), and value strings display as string (value). So if
> you use the two together you get string (dec_val (hex_val)) which is a
> bit odd.

It looks ok for me :)

> This is just a guess though, I didn't write that code.

Ok, but some dissectors are actually using it:

Field 'ActivationFlags' (isystemactivator.properties.instninfo.actflags) is dual display (hex/dec) but has strings
Field 'MDEP ID' (btsdp.hdp.supported_features.mdep_id) is dual display (hex/dec) but has strings
Field 'L2CAP PSM' (btsdp.protocol.psm) is dual display (hex/dec) but has strings
Field 'Country Code' (btsdp.service.hid.country_code) is dual display (hex/dec) but has strings
Field 'Type' (db-lsp.type) is dual display (hex/dec) but has strings
Field 'OP Value' (db-lsp.op) is dual display (hex/dec) but has strings
Field 'time' (x11.xv.GrabPort.time) is dual display (hex/dec) but has strings
Field 'time' (x11.xv.UngrabPort.time) is dual display (hex/dec) but has strings

Total: 249