Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] packet_win.c still broken

From: Christopher Maynard <Christopher.Maynard@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2013 17:40:04 +0000 (UTC)
Jakub Zawadzki <darkjames-ws@...> writes:

> On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 10:17:49PM +0000, Christopher Maynard wrote:
> > I used this before and thought it was possible to edit the hex bytes within
> > the popup dialog, but I just tried it and can confirm that it doesn't work.
>
> can you try r50172?

OK, that works.  Nice!

> (Wow, someone was using it! awesome)

Yes, I do use it from time to time.  I find it rather useful, particularly
for testing purposes, being able to change data very easily in order to
force dissection along a particular path.

So I know it's not being included by default as it's still indicated as
experimental, but are there plans to include it at some point?  I'm not sure
what else, if anything, was planned before it was deemed "inclusion worthy".