Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] packet_win.c still broken

From: Christopher Maynard <Christopher.Maynard@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2013 22:17:49 +0000 (UTC)
Guy Harris <guy@...> writes:

> (I tried building it with a 1.10 tree, but haven't yet figured out how I
can actually edit a field; I can get it
> to pop up the edit dialog, but it doesn't seem to let me type anywhere....)

I used this before and thought it was possible to edit the hex bytes within
the popup dialog, but I just tried it and can confirm that it doesn't work.

However, if instead of double-clicking a field to bring up the editing
popup, you simply select a particular field and start typing hex bytes, that
overwrites the highlighted bytes representing that field.