Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-commits] rev 50141: / /trunk/echld/: CMakeLists.t

From: Luis EG Ontanon <luis@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2013 15:10:42 -0500

My idea is for echld to dynamically link epan after fork()ing the dispatcher from the client process and before initializing epan so that the client process "does not carry" epan and the dispatcher has a pristine initialized epan ready to be fork()ed that does not carry the entire client process' stuff. That's why I believe it should use epan instead of being a part of it.

Originally I wanted it to be a single .c/.h file pair to be statically linked to the client but I think a one file solution would stop being manageable soon.

For the naming of the files you're perfectly right, I'll take care of that in the next commit.

Thanks,

\Lego

On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 2:24 PM, Joerg Mayer <jmayer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Some notes about echld:

On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 05:43:53PM +0000, lego@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> http://anonsvn.wireshark.org/viewvc/viewvc.cgi?view=rev&revision=50141
>
> User: lego
> Date: 2013/06/25 10:43 AM
>
> Log:
>  This should get cmake to ignore echld...
>
> Directory: /trunk/echld/
>   Changes    Path              Action
>   +80 -0     CMakeLists.txt    Added
>   +47 -32    echld_parent.c    Modified
>
> Directory: /trunk/
>   Changes    Path            Action
>   +29 -5     Makefile.am     Modified
>   +28 -0     configure.ac    Modified
>   +2 -1      echld_test.c    Modified

Is there any reason for creating a separate echld library? It should be fine
as part of libepan.
Execept for echld.h I also see no reason to prefix the filenames with
echld_, as these files are now inside their own directroy already named echld.

Ciao
      Jörg
--
Joerg Mayer                                           <jmayer@xxxxxxxxx>