Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] OSX 32-bit build on 10.5.x (Leopard) no longer supported?

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2013 12:01:41 -0700
On Jun 25, 2013, at 11:39 AM, Michael Tuexen <Michael.Tuexen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The 32-bit buildbot machine was updated from 10.5 to 10.6 for allowing QT builds.

The default build target on 10.6 is 10.6-and-later.

If we're going to run 10.6 on the buildbot that builds Wireshark-for-10.5, then, at a minimum, we will have to compile everything with -mmacosx-version-min=10.5 - and, if any of the support libraries were built on 10.6, they would also have to have been compiled with -mmacosx-version-min=10.5 as well.

In addition, we will probably need to build against the 10.5 SDK - and, if the support libraries were built on 10.6, that would apply to them as well.

I.e., if we're going to continue to support 10.5, either the 32-bit buildbot will have to go back to running 10.5, or we'll have to support building against an SDK (I have an unfinished project to do that for Wireshark) and will have to use -mmacosx-version-min=10.5 if building against the 10.5 SDK doesn't do that already.  (And if you rebuilt all the Wireshark support libraries on 10.5, those will have to be built in that fashion as well.  I don't remember whether I've worked on that or not; it's harder, as we don't control the configure scripts, Makefiles, etc., but by setting CFLAGS and LDFLAGS in the environment, we might be able to make that work.)