Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] using C++, was: Notes from Sharkfest '13

From: Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss.ws@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2013 12:13:16 -0400
On 06/21/13 02:08, Dirk Jagdmann wrote:
C++. It snuck in with Qt. Should we allow C++ in the rest of the code or
at least use C++ compilation everywhere?
Another advantage would be that we can use real C++ exceptions.

What would be the advantage of using C++ exceptions?

(I sort of like the fact that if I want to debug a malformed packet I can set a breakpoint at except_throw() and go straight to where the problem happened. Maybe something similar is possible with C++ but I've never spent much time debugging C++ apps...)