Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Wireshark Dissector

From: suraj mukade <surajmukade@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2013 13:01:59 +0530

Hi,

How to call your own dissector based on type field in Ethernet? After getting Type value from Ethernet frame,I want to dissect the custom Ethernet frame with some added fields and then proceed the normal dissection.

I could write the dissector which can dissect packets on specified UDP/TCP port but not getting how to do it for specified Ethernet type.

--
Thank You,

"The only thing in the world we need to fear is fear itself"
Suraj Mukade,
Scientific Officer,
Bhabha Atomic Research Center, Mumbai.