Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] New Defects reported by Coverity Scan for Wireshark (forw)

From: Joerg Mayer <jmayer@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2013 06:00:01 +0200
On Fri, Jun 14, 2013 at 05:23:13PM +0200, Martin Kaiser wrote:
> Thus wrote Joerg Mayer (jmayer@xxxxxxxxx):
>
> > I'm receiving coverity reports via email. Unfortunately I don't really have
> > the time to look at them most of the time.
> > What I might do if there is interest in it: I could open a bug for each
> > dissector and copy the contents into the bug.
>
> > Opinions?
>
> I don't see any benefit in copying coverity infos into bugzilla. This
> is just additional work and I doubt that this would inspire more people
> to look at the defects. The clang analysis reports are publicly
> available and don't get much attention either.

Bugs get more visibility than reports somewhere. There are currently
less than 300 open IDs, if I interpret the statistics correctly.

But yes, opening a bug for every open ID probably doesn't make sense.

How about only opening bugs for the "All Newley Detected" category?
If someone just committed code they are more likely to feel responsible
than looking at a list of ~300 anaonymous reports.

> However, if you find out how to unsubscribe from the notifications,
> please let me know ;-)

Dashboard, Project Settings might be what you are looking for.

Ciao
   Jörg