Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Misaligned columns in hex dump pane with Wireshark 1.10.0rc2

From: Reinhard Speyerer <rspmn@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 05 Jun 2013 18:29:44 +0200
Jakub Zawadzki <darkjames-ws@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Ok, found it. Can you try attached patch?

Hi Jakub,

your patch worked for me after I manually added

#define PANGO_ENABLE_ENGINE
#include <pango/pango.h>

at the start of bytes_view.c as PANGO_GLYPH_EMPTY and
PANGO_GLYPH_UNKNOWN_FLAG were not defined otherwise.

Column alignment in the hex dump pane now works again correctly but
occasionally there was additional spacing applied and I had to apply
the Font preferences to get back the normal spacing in the hex dump
pane. Please refer to the attached screenshots for details.

Regards,
Reinhard