Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-commits] rev 49596: /trunk/epan/dissectors/ /trun
From: Jeff Morriss <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2013 20:39:07 -0400
On 05/30/2013 06:11 PM, Joerg Mayer wrote:
On Tue, May 28, 2013 at 10:24:21AM -0400, [email protected] wrote:
expert_add_info_format_text()

Per some of the other discussions, this may not be the best name, but I would like to eventually replace it with the existing expert_add_info_format name, just with the expert info structure as an argument (an no severity, group arguments), so that the "format"ing (printf) functionality is clearer.
Ah, thanks. I missed that part when looking at the changes to packet-arp.c
One question though: Why do we have a filled in text element (e.g. in packet-arp.c
we have "Duplicate IP address configured") in the ei[] array when the
call does require an actual formatting string (e.g. in packet-arp.c the arguemnt
to expert_add_info_format_text is "Duplicate IP address configured (%s)").
Well, it's the same as items added with proto_tree_add_xxx_format()
isn't it?  It's not really needed/useful but it's still kinda nice to
have it there (at least for when we're reading the code).