Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] trunk-1.10 packages

From: Pascal Quantin <pascal.quantin@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2013 20:32:13 +0200
2013/5/29 Christopher Maynard <Christopher.Maynard@xxxxxxxxx>
Before 1.10 is released, should we have separate trunk-1.10/ packages for
win32 and win64?

http://anonsvn.wireshark.org/wireshark-win32-libs/
http://anonsvn.wireshark.org/wireshark-win64-libs/

Hi Chris,

for 1.8 we split the packages when there was a real change between trunk and trunk-1.8. If I remember correctly I created the 1.8 packages when I updated the Windows documentation from 1.6 to 1.8 and 1.9 (respectively for trunk-1.8 and trunk).
Now that trunk-1.10 is created, we will soon face the same discrepancy for the documentation (current 1.11 nightly builds are packaged with 1.10 docs) and I guess we will upgrade some packages in trunk (like c-ares for ex?).
IMHO it would make sense to create those packages sooner or later.

Regards,
Pascal.