Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] What is the use of pointer "cap_file_" in QtShark

From: Richard Turner <turner@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2013 01:21:45 +0800
In Wireshark/ui/qt/main_window.h there is a private member variable defined as:

capture_file *cap_file_;

I think it's a pointer to the global variable "cfile" (defined in tshark.c).

Is it true that we keep this pointer only to verify the validity of cfile (we set cap_file_ to NULL when the capture file is closed)?

Regards,
-Richard Turner