Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Add an option to tshark to give the prefix or whole tempfile nam

From: Anders Broman <anders.broman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2013 16:12:51 +0000

Hi,

We have some automated scripts that uses tshark occasionally dumpcap crashes and leaves huge files in /tmp to fix that we write to a named file which

Causes its own problems. A solution could be to provide tshark with the name or the prefix of the tempfile to be able to clean up or over write the file.

Would someone be willing to implement this? I think it should be possible to use long option names tempfilename?

Regards

Anders