Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] installation problem in Linux

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 May 2013 12:02:28 -0700
On May 10, 2013, at 3:01 AM, Engr Muhammad Tahir Fattani <tahirfattani@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I need a link for installation of Wireshark on to my system which is Linux based.
>
> Please send me link where should i got the version for Linux Operating system.

"Linux" is often used to refer to the OS kernel originally developed by Linux Torvalds; a "Linux distribution" is an operating system, although "Linux" is also often used to refer to a full distribution, not just the kernel.

As others have noted, different distributions of Linux tend to have their own packages for programs such as Wireshark; which Linux distribution are you using?