Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Bluetooth coloring rules

From: Christopher Maynard <Christopher.Maynard@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 May 2013 22:48:08 +0000 (UTC)
Guy Harris <guy@...> writes:

> Would it be useful to allow multiple sets of coloring rules, not
associated with a profile, and to have
> profiles support having more than one set of coloring rules associated
with them, evaluated in the order
> in which they're listed?  We could then ship a simple "starter" set and
include various "add-ons", and let
> the user choose which sets they want.

Sounds like a nice idea.

BTW, I just ran across a blog that has some recommended coloring rules for
analyzing SS7 traffic:
http://labs.p1sec.com/2013/04/04/ss7-traffic-analysis-with-wireshark/

They also have recommended custom columns.  Perhaps sample column sets would
be useful too?