Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Export PDU:s

From: Anders Broman <a.broman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 05 May 2013 21:47:55 +0200
Hi,
I have added a basic implementation making it possible to export higher level PDU:s to file using a USER_DLT. The basic implementation makes it possible to export SIP traffic to a new file adding some meta data before the actual SIP message. The idea is that it should be possible to export the reassembled PDU:s(and mix several protocols) removing the under laying transport protocol but retaining some interesting data such as IP addresses and ports.

The implementation is bare bones to get the demo to work. It would be nice to get some feedback on useful tags to add, helper functions to load tags and if some one is willing to work on the GUI part that'd be nice too.

Would it be feasible/useful to apply for a link-layer type from tcpdump?

Any comments welcome.
Regards
Anders