Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] WS_DLL_PUBLIC only works for files with registered protocols

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 May 2013 23:34:27 -0700
On May 3, 2013, at 7:09 PM, Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Also:
>
> 	make sure the source file that defines the function includes the header file that declares it;
>
> 	after *any* change to header files, do a "nmake -f makefile.nmake clean", as nmake and the C compiler do *not* do any dependency tracking (you might want to do an "nmake -f makefile.nmake clean" before your next build).

And:

	when adding a file containing only helper functions, add its source file name to the DISSECTOR_SUPPORT_SRC macro in Makefile.common, and do *NOT* add *ANY* rules for it to Makefile.nmake unless it needs different build flags from the *other* files in DISSECTOR_SUPPORT_SRC, in which case make *SURE* you're building it with *ALL* of the flags in $(CFLAGS).