Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [GSoC] Collaboration on JSONShark

From: Alexis La Goutte <alexis.lagoutte@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 May 2013 09:33:12 +0200
Hi,

It is not authorized to split a project

Regards,

On Wed, May 1, 2013 at 11:12 AM, Артём <barmaley.exe@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello.
I've become interested in JSONShark project idea and have noticed an earlier post of idea mentor about approx. solution. He says we need more students to work on this project in order to finish it.

So I suggest to start collaborating about project subprojects partition, i.e. split a big idea into several smaller ones, one per student.
An obvious split is a client (web app) and a server (part of wireshark exporting data in JSON format).

As for me, I can handle both sides: I have experience of C programming, networking, I know _javascript_ well (I have been programming in it for almost 6 years and familiar with both browser JS and server-side Node.JS).

Also I'd like to hear mentor's comments: how many students do you think is appropriate for this project? In my opimion 2-3 is okay.

--
Yours faithfully, Sobolev Artem.