Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] [GSoC] the resolutions of JSONShark

From: 黄浩松 <haosdent@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 May 2013 15:15:56 +0800
Hello, I am an student which are interested in JSONShark, too.

As Luis Ontanon say, epan has a problem which can be run only for one file at a time. So I have two ideas to implement JSONShark.

In my first idea, my could implement a single blocking socket which provide a JSON based interface to public in epan. This module should be written by C, may be we could use the Jansson library to complete the JSON handle part.
And then we could write another module which provide web interface through to communicate with this socket. This module could be written in Node.js, Python or any other languages while the socket could provide JSON interface service to any application.

The other idea is we could implement a node.js module by node-gyp. This module could communicate with epan by IPC, such as share memory, pipe or any other efficient and direct way. This node.js module would provide public a JSON interface through HTTP protocol, so we just write a more browser client app to control wireshark by use this JSON api.

And in my opinion, we also could write a Chrome or Firefox plugin to control wireshark, because it is very easy and quickly to port browser app to plugin in Chrome and Firefox.

As same as Артём, I am skilled at C, _javascript_, HTML and other languages. I have been programming in them for more than 3 years. To complete JSONShark in collaboration will be more efficient and I very desire to make contributions to it. The resolutions above propose without considering carefully. If you have any questions or any other ideas about JSONShark, reply this email please. Thank you very much. :-)

--
Best Regards,
Haosdent Huang