Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Fwd: thoughts of GSoC 2013 project --New Export Objects

From: 杨治 <yzdedream@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 1 May 2013 02:52:54 +0800
Hello guys,

         I'm a second year undergraduate student majoring in software engineering. Got interested in this "New Export Objects" project. I'm just  wondering if I get it right.

        The program is to extract objects from application-layer messages, provided by wireshark  interface, from memory or from disk, and then make those fragmentized objects in one piece.

        We need to find the header information to get the file name and the size. The process is varied on different protocols.

        p.s. I've seen another mail on the list asking about the type of the objects. I don't think this program should pay much attention to the file type. In most condition the type should be already announced in file name, and the program should be able to extract the objects regardless of the type of them.

Best,

Kelvin Yang