Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Questions about New Export Objects

From: Jin Huang <54jin.huang@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2013 11:09:27 +0800
Wireshark really can reassemble multiple TCP segments into an HTTP request or response.
But the export objects function can only export objects in one packet, in the Wireshark Export dialog box, every export object has a corresponding packet number

2013/4/27 Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

On Apr 26, 2013, at 7:41 PM, zzl  <greoge_007@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> I mean the wireshark now can only  export objects embedded in one packet(http,smb,dicom packet)

No.  Wireshark can reassemble multiple TCP segments into an HTTP request or response.

> I want to know whether this extension also just need to export objects from one ftp/smtp packet, or I need to export an object that split in several ftp/smtp packets.

If an object takes more than one TCP segment, the extension should reassemble the object from those segments and export it.