Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Qt scrollbar on the left [Was: rev 47214: /trunk/ /trunk/e...]

From: Joerg Mayer <jmayer@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2013 19:11:49 +0200
On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 01:25:51PM -0700, Gerald Combs wrote:
> According to
>
>   http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-5.0/qtwidgets/qabstractscrollarea.html
>
> QAbstractScrollArea::addScrollBarWidget lets you specify the alignment
> for scroll bars, so it's at least possible in theory.

I think the description is misleading:
a) this alredy exists in Qt4 (which can't do it) and
b) I think it talks about the scroll arrows, not the location of the scrollbar
   relative to the scrolled area. If you read the details, top/bottom refer to
   the vertical scrollbar and left/right to the horizontal scrollbar.

  Scroll bar widgets are shown next to the horizontal or vertical scroll bar,
  and can be placed on either side of it. If you want the scroll bar widgets
  to be always visible, set the scrollBarPolicy for the corresponding scroll
  bar to AlwaysOn.
  Alignment must be one of Qt::Alignleft and Qt::AlignRight, which maps to the
  horizontal scroll bar, or Qt::AlignTop and Qt::AlignBottom, which maps to
  the vertical scroll bar.

 Ciao
     Jörg