Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] GSoC 2013 Student.

From: Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss.ws@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2013 11:50:24 -0400
On 04/23/13 16:20, Salman Javaid wrote:
Dear Mentors:
                   My name is Salman Javaid, and I am a graduate student
in Electrical Engineering. Is there a possibility that I can propose a
project? If yes, then currently there is no support for USB Dongles in
Wireshark for Windows. As far as I know, from winpcap 3.1 the support
for Point to Point protocols was dropped, and since USB Dongles are
perceived as PPP devices, Wireshark doesn't capture the packets.

This sounds more like a project for WinPcap than for Wireshark. Wireshark does all of its capturing (on Windows) with WinPcap (and it should probably stay that way).